Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Panes

Double Pane

For me, making a big decision is often like deciphering the view in the above photo. I've got lots of information, but it's not clearly delineated and defined. I can't immediately tell what's behind the surface and what's reflected on the surface. I don't know if I'm looking toward the outside or the inside. Maybe I'll never figure these things out, but I'll still have to make a decision.

I'll look at the whole picture. I'll notice color and rhythm. I'll squint, for a different view, and I'll try to see the background as foreground and vice versa. I'll guess at what I think is important and true in the picture, and what interests me. And eventually, I'll become more sure of what I see--what's true for me.

No doubt others will see it differently.

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture...its, layers, reflections, colors and lines. A wonderful analogy today. XO Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Margaret! I have discovered a little trick in this picture: If you stare at the reddish area in the lower center, something in the background becomes more prominent. Thanks for reading! -- Michele

    ReplyDelete