Friday, April 27, 2012

Lady Norelco Nap Attack and Friends


Lady Norelco Nap Attack
One quick stop. Just one. On my way here or there, I often pull into the parking lot of the nearest thrift store. I'm careful; I usually know what I'm looking for and stick mostly to whatever that is, with an eye out for unexpected treasures. But those stops aren't only about what I buy. (Often, I leave empty handed.) They're also about what I see and imagine. I've spent hours wondering who previously owned particular things, and under what circumstances they parted with them. I wonder, too, about the people who work at the store. How did they end up there? Are they doing OK? What do they think when they see frequent thrift shoppers like me? Somehow Williams-Sonoma, H&M, and Starbucks don't bring up these questions. Except for money, they require less of me.

Man Chair in Red with Cup Holder or Ashtray Holder
Petite Model P-1
Top Shelf

1 comment: