Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Moving in a Moving World


I took this photo from a moving bus. I aimed my phone and clicked, then cropped the image. That's all.

The photo looks nothing like what I saw out the window of the bus. What I saw then was a steady and familiar world, a grounded place that we can count on, good or bad.

But what the photo suggests is closer to the truth. It suggests a world that's moving, in both profound and trivial ways. The world in the photo doesn't look still or steady or even like it can be interpreted only one way. It's in motion, like each of us.

We move in a moving world. It gets complicated. Sometimes I wish it was simpler, sometimes I'm thrilled by all the possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I love this image and concept. The difference between perception and reality is stark here, and beautiful! I'm so impressed by your blog - thanks for sharing your insights and observations with us!
    - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thank you, sincerely, for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete