Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trusty

Trusty Vacumn Cleaner
It's an old-fashioned word: Trusty. As in, my trusty horse, or your trusty sidekick. Really, it couldn't be a less cool, more lame word. But I like it. It's a recession thing. These days, I really appreciate trusty things: appliances that keep working, sweaters that don't go out of style. Trusty things usually aren't sleek, fine, or high tech. They're workhorses, functional first, and I hope the trusty things in my life keep going for a while. After all, who wants to spend money these days on the latest vacumn cleaner? Not me.

Trusty Dishwasher-Scratched Glass
So, here's to my trusty hair dryer and my trusty broom. I'm cheering on my trusty refrigerator and trusty iron. I know I can count on my trusty Little Black Dress.

Trusty Kitchen Utensils in Trusty '70's Pitcher
Eventually these trusty things will wear out, but for now, I'm glad they're here to help. 


 



3 comments:

  1. Yes! I've always preferred 'trusty' over 'trendy'! And often keep things well past maybe when I should have. Might be a less wasteful world if we kept out trusty things.:)
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a sad moment in life--when something trusty wears out.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete