Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dreaming in Calder

Before my eyes opened this morning, visions of Alexander Calder's playful mobiles and huge grounded stabiles paid me a most welcome visit. No doubt I'd been dreaming in primary colors. Maybe I flew in my dreams. Maybe there were several of me in different sizes suspended from curved wires, moving close to each other but never touching. It's going to be a wonderful day. This stuff makes me stupidly happy.

Please, please feast your eyes on Calder's brilliance here.

This got me looking around for Superman colors in my own world. Here's what I found.


Alexander Calder's The Eagle, detail, Seattle Sculpture Park

Totem House Yellow Wall, Seattle

Totem House, Seattle

Off and On, Prosser, WA

Cherry Chomper and Rainiers

Anchovies in a Can

Ginkgo in Autumn, Seattle, 2011


1 comment: