Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pictures of My Wanderlust

When my brother showed me photos of his recent trip to Munich, Prague, Istanbul, and Budapest, I felt happy for him and enthralled by the sites. I had a strong sense of being there. I also felt a pang, a little pain in my stomach. Wanderlust. Wanderlust with a capital LUST.

I go on weekend car trips, but it's been far too long since I've boarded a plane, left home for weeks, and immersed myself in the unfamiliar. I think most of us are more alive when we travel. Our senses work overtime. We taste, listen, and look anew. I long for that and need to find it soon.

Meanwhile, I can show you pictures of my wanderlust: photos taken close to home as if I was a tourist.

Establishing Shot:  Pike Place Market Sign, November 2011
Odd Tourist Attraction: Gum Wall (to left), November 2011
 
Religious Architecture: Church, Seattle WA, November 2011 

Iconic Cultural Markers: Church and Baseball Diamond, Eastern Washington, November 2011 

Local Wildlife, Penny, November 2011
 
Local Wildlife, Clover, November 2011 

Majestic Landscape: Snoqualmie Pass, November 2011
Happy and safe travels to all who wander!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images!

    Just this weekend we were bike riding with friends and exploring new-to-me places in Seattle. It reminded me that exploring locally is an option for adventure and discovery right outside my door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!

    I so agree. It's so enriching to look at your surroundings with fresh eyes. I need to remember that more often! I'm posting a few more photos in this series today (Thurs. Dec. 1, 2011). -- Michele

    ReplyDelete